New (germ)line of therapy.

Headline: PARP inhibition is making a move to the front lines for patients with localized HER2(-) breast cancer and a germline BRCA mutation.

The Study: Remember, PARP inhibition is currently used to prolong progression-free survival for metastatic disease in this population, brought to us by another ASCO headliner four years ago—side note: happy 4th birthday to us! Results have been mixed in the neoadjuvant setting. Here we see how PARPi fairs in the maintenance setting. The double-blind phase 3 OlympiA trial (paper) randomized 1836 women with localized HER2(-) breast cancer to +/- maintenance olaparib x one year following surgery and standard (neo)adjuvant chemo. An important practical note is that maintenance olaparib did not start until at least 2 weeks after radiation. Eligible triple negative patients (82%) had either ≥cT2 or ≥cN1 or residual primary or nodal disease after neoadjuvant chemo. Hormone receptor-positive disease (the other 18%) required either 4+ involved nodes or extensive disease present after neoadjuvant chemo. Patients were unbilinded at the first interim analysis at 2.5 years given the already apparent improvement in the primary endpoint of invasive disease-free survival with maintenance olaparib (HR 0.58). What’s more, 3-year survival free from distant mets (88% vs 80%) and even overall survival (92% vs 88%) was significantly improved with olaparib.

TBL: Maintenance olaparib prolongs survival outcomes for select patients with high-risk localized HER2(-) breast cancer and a germline BRCA mutation. | Tutt, N Engl J Med 2021


  1. This is another testimony on how Chief Dr Lucky cured my HIV disease. Do you need a cure for your HIV disease? Do you want to be cured from your cancer disease? Or you want to be free from any type of disease. Kindly visit his website . He just cured my HIV disease and I’m very grateful to him, he is the only herbalist that can cure you.  
    WhatsApp number : +2348132777335 
    Via Email :
    Thank you all for reading,
    God bless"

  2. This has been a really wonderful article. Many thanks for providing this information. Visit our website too girl kubet

  3. Hello to everyone out here, I am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me … My name is Susan Christian , I live in London, UK. we got married for more than 9 years and have gotten two kids. thing were going well with us and we are always happy. until one day my husband started to behave in a way i could not understand, i was very confused by the way he treat me and the kids. later that month he did not come home again and he called me that he want a divorce, i asked him what have i done wrong to deserve this from him, all he was saying is that he want a divorce that he hate me and do not want to see me again in his life, i was mad and also frustrated do not know what to do, i was sick for more than 2 weeks because of the divorce. i love him so much he was everything to me without him my life is incomplete. i told my sister and she told me to contact a spell caster, i never believe in all this spell casting of a thing. i just want to try if something will come out of it. i contacted Dr Emu for the return of my husband to me, they told me that my husband have been taken by another woman, that she cast a spell on him that is why he hate me and also want us to divorce. then they told me that they have to cast a spell on him that will make him return to me and the kids, they casted the spell and after 24 hours my husband called me and he told me that i should forgive him, he started to apologize on phone and said that he still love me that he did not know what happen to him that he left me. it was the spell that Dr Emu casted on him that make him come back to me today, me and my family are now happy again today. thank you Dr Emu for what you have done for me i would have been nothing today if not for your great spell. i want you my friends who are passing through all this kind of love problem of getting back their husband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend to contact Dr Emu , if you need his help you can contact him through his private mail: or you can contact him through his website fb page Https://


Post a Comment

Popular Posts