Need a boost?

Over 90% of the over 700 US residents acquiring the Measles virus this year were unvaccinated, but what happened to the other 10%? Cue a national conversation on potential need for “re-vaccinations” with a general expert consensus that the following merit a physician convo about the utility of an MMR booster: recipients of no more than 0 (duh) to 1 (pre-1989) MMR doses, recipients of a very early (think 1960s) intiteration of the MMR vaccine, or those traveling to areas of outbreak—especially in the setting of one of the above. | Ducharme, TIME 2019


Popular Posts